How may streamers have giveaways? I know many that would willing to pay a fair price *just* for a good winner selection and prize wheel. If the two were integrated, then that would be superb! Check out "Lachhh Tools" and "wheeldecide.com" for tools that get part of this done. I use both of these tools, now, but it takes about 43 steps and half a dozen Stream Deck buttons to properly execute, while still trying to talk in stream as if I wasn't brain dead! With the capabilities in OvrStream, I bet very small modification would be necessary to allows a giveaway tool to end all other giveaway tools! This one feature alone could be a reason for more streamers to use OverStream! Heck, sell it as an add-on function, and I would easily pay $50 for it! Here is how I imagine something could be implemented that would make it not just be functional and pretty, but save streamers a ton of time and hassle that is involved with stream giveaways!:
- Allow images to be used as background for wedges/slices/ etc on the wheel (similar to existing)
- “Prize List” setting - text field (or input from text file) where a list of prizes could be copy/pasted all at once, one prize per line.
- Allow “Max Prizes” setting to specify the max number of prizes to show at one time. Set number of prize wedges/slices on wheel to the “Max Prizes” value, OR the number of items in the “Prize List”, whichever is fewer.
- If “Max Prizes” is set to 15, and 20 prizes are in the “Prize List”, only the first 15 prizes should have the text added to the 15 wedges/slices on the wheel. The extra 5 prizes can be used later, for a nice feature.
- Either add some fun way you select a winner (raffle style selection, maybe with flashy presentation where the names scroll repeatedly, like fast-moving movie credits?) or let the streamer use their own tool to select a winner, then you could let them type the Twitch Username of the winner in a “Winner” text field (see Lachhh Tools, best raffle selection tool I have seen, if you want an example. YouTube has videos of Lachhh Tools, which has NO WHEEL for prize selection.
- Add “Payout” setting, which would simply be the text field where the “winner” could choose a “payout” prize, instead of the prize selected by the wheel. (For example… In my Twitch channel, we give out “Dukes”, which is our in-channel currency, every few minutes to viewers, who save up the Dukes to play clips, gamble, play other text games in chat, or spawn zombies and scary stuff on my in games where I have set up my own automated process for doing such) My “Payout” setting/text would be “20,000 Dukes" and need to execute the command "!dukes add %winnerName% 30000":
- Once the Twitch username is specified, the tool could keep checking chat for messages from the winner, like:
- First, make variable like “$WinnerName”, “%winnerName%” or whatever variable convention is preferred and set as value of the “Winner”
- !spin – Command/message must be from Twitch name set for “Winner”. Spins the wheel, obviously. Once prize is selected, highlight text from prize in a simple way (no flash/pomp yet, since prize has not been accepted via !accept, yet). If number of spins < max spins, still watch for possible “!spin” or “!respin” messages. Maybe allow “!spin” or “!respin” messages from winner for first and subsequent spins? Just treat both as two names for same command?
- !accept – Must be from winner. Do some fancy flash or presentation of the currently selected prize on the wheel, and play celebration sound when a prize is won. After “!accept” command/message is received from winner, remove that prize from the wheel, remove from the “Prize List”, which should allow the next prize in the list to automatically added to replace the prize just won and removed (in the above example where “Max Prizes” was 15, but 20 prizes were added to “Prize List”. Now that one prize was won and removed, there should now be 19 prizes in “Prize List”, with the first 15 being shown on the wheel.
- !payout – If “!payout” message is seen from winner, flash or present the text value for “Payout” setting instead of the current prize selected on the wheel. (In my giveaways, this is when I would type the command to give the winner 30,000 Dukes. I guess it is possible to have a “Payout” text setting that will be show if payout is chosen via “!payout”, AND also have a “Payout Command” setting, where the streamer could specify the command their chat uses to award the payout prize. *For example, if the winner types message “!payout”, it should display the “Payout” text value as if the prize was won and accepted, then send a chat message from the streamer using the “Payout Command” text value. My “Payout Command” would be “!dukes add %winnerName% 30000”
I see so many places in a giveaway function, where the power and flexibility of OvrStream could be used to make some frikin pretty and functional stuff!
Heck... I wish I was a *real* developer, and could do this myself in under the 14 years it would take me, now! I am nothing more than a script monkey who stumbled through a few simple apps back before I got old!
I'd be tickled to be able to test something like this as it is being developed! I would still be happy to purchase it, even before it's released!
See twitch.tv/tsforrest to see my giveaways, and why something like what is described would be so awesome!
Please sign in to leave a comment.