The Effects tab lets you adjust any effect currently placed on an object, Isolate Layers and select blending modes. To add an effect to an object, head over to your library, select Effects and choose an effect. Double-click or click and drag the effect to the object in the timeline.
Blending modes determine how an object interacts with the elements below it. This is useful for creative effects and compositing titles.
You can choose from these blending modes:
This option will isolate the layer from the composition and assign it its own render pass. This object will not cut into other objects in the workspace. However, it will make render times longer.
Working With Effects
Effects allow you to give your titles animations, effects and warps. This ranges from simple filters, to complex compositing elements.
Applying effects to object:
- Browse your effects library and hover over an effect to preview it.
- Double click on an effect or click and drag the effect on top of the object.
- The Effects tab will open and reveal the effect settings.
- Every effect will have different editable parameters and will vary from effect to effect.
- You can customize effect presets, but selecting a different preset will reset your edits.